The project design was conceived with sustainability instilled into every design and execution decision. Our early assessment of the LEED Scorecard suggests that the project could attain a LEED Gold or better rating, which is only possible by utilizing a thorough, wide-ranging scope of sustainable principles throughout the design and construction process. Highlights of our sustainability program are as follows:
- Climatically Responsive.
- Tuned envelope to enhance daylighting and views.
- UFAD for flexibility, comfort and 16% HVAC Energy Savings.
- More than 20% better than Title 24.
- 1,004 kW of PV to offset 25% of electric consumption on an average sunny day.
- LEED Gold or better for City Hall and Library buildings.
- LEED Gold or better for the Port Headquarters building.
- More than 50% reduction in Carbon Footprint as compared to our baseline.