Our commercial, hotel, and residential development naturally fits into the site—more residents will trigger further development and, combined with the civic elements, will provide a 24/7 atmosphere that will reinvigorate this heart of the City.
WE WANT TO HEAR YOUR DEVELOPMENT IDEAS!
Our vision for this urban courtyard is a retail experience that compliments local and independent businesses...spilling onto the sidewalks to creates a lively pedestrian environment and extends pedestrian activity all day. Our commercial vision includes:
- Focus on farm-to-table and organic, locally produced fare...and casual, market-like environments with unique food concepts that align with the diversity of Long Beach cultures and cuisines
- Celebrate the culture of the City
- Emphasize opportunities for local entrepreneurs and businesses over national or regional chains
- Retail that goes beyond daily needs to promote interaction, learning, discovery, and community
- A culture that emphasizes consumer centric customization, local and independent business, and consumption that aligns with Long Beach community values
Included in the commercial block between Cedar and Chestnut is a boutique 200 room hotel—a uniquely branded lifestyle boutique hotel located with-in the 36 story residential tower. We want to engage residents in our hotel discussions to help refine our approach and ensure that the hotel is uniquely long beach and complements the eating hotel stock in the downtown core. We are currently considering the following brands for the project:
Centered between the work area of the civic block and the play area of the park and library are new residences. This mixed-use development includes a 36-story tower with marquise residences and a hotel. Ten percent of the units will be workforce housing. Between Cedar and Chestnut will be a mixed-use development with the potential to bring 400 residential units and at Third and Pacific, we have planned an additional 199 residential units. A minimum of 10 percent of the residential will be affordable housing units and we look forward to partnering with the community to plan additional units for educators that serve our community. Key features of the residences include:
- Safe, urban, and family-friendly environment
- Access to the park, retail, marketplace and events, and the arts
- Pools, bike stations and valet lockers, dog spas, community rooms converge, and other first-class amenities
- Ocean and City views
- Destination rooftop dining experience
- Central location with easy access to several transportation options